About Me

My Photo
It's all about me and him and us...

Followers

Share It

Powered by Blogger.

Google+ Followers

Follow by Email

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

All I've Got So Far This Week Is a Chocolate Oreo Cake, and I'm Thinkin' That's Pretty Okay



So, I've loved keeping up on this blog.  It's wonderful and therapeutic, and entertaining and allows me to vent and express myself in ways I feel I haven't been able to in years, people.  Yes, years.  I'm a mother, I'm a college student, I'm a wife, I'm a friend, a chef, a chauffeur, etc, etc. but really, truly, I just want to put myself out there.  To be heard.  Have a voice.  Sometimes I feel like I have some profound shiz to say, but this week, all I've got is cake.  And I think that's okay, because it's a pretty damn good one.  If you are itchin' to make a cake this week- this is it.

Oreo Cookie Cake

*Notice how the chocolate oozes over the sides and the cream looks like its ready to explode?  This is because I'm not  huge on presentation.  I make stuff that tastes good.  End of story.  And if it doesn't I never make it again nor do I blog about it.  Just so we are clear.  This cake was effin' delicious and quite attractive in the come hither and get in my belly kind of a way-

Ingredients:

1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix ( I used Dr. Oetker's Organic cake mix)
4 squares Baker's Semi- Sweet Chocolate
1/4 C Butter
1 pkg. (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 C Sugar
1 16 oz Carton Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 C. Powdered Sugar
Oreo Cookies ( I used Whole Food's 365 Chocolate Sandwich Cookies)

Directions:


HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
MEANWHILE beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl.  Set aside.  In another bowl beat heavy whipping cream. When cream starts to get thick add vanilla.  Slowly add powdered sugar and mix to a desired fluffy consistency.  Add whipped cream to cream cheese mixture and beat together just until mixed.  Don't over mix or it will get all waxy! In yet another bowl, mash up cookies.  Fold cookies into whipped cream mixture.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. 
PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. and then serve!

You can also refrigerate and serve cold.

- M  



Oh, and you can make it while listening to this tasty new one from the Smith and Westons, "Varsity":  https://soundcloud.com/smith-westerns/smith-westerns-varsity/










4 comments:

  1. Omg, I wish I had the spare calories to eat something like this! Looks amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is extremely good! My husband's new favorite dessert. It is for sure a guilty pleasure. Every now and then you got to live a little though. :) Definitely curious about your "Healthy Junk Food" options. I'll be looking in to that!

      Delete